Pages

Sabrina Swanson | 503.991.9686 | ThreeRosesPhotography@live.com | "Like" me on Facebook | Check out my Website

I have a passion for capturing personalities on film. I want to freeze a moment in time, one that shows off who you are, and not just what you look like; one that people will cherish for years to come. Long lasting photographs at a more than affordable rate.

Oct 23, 2012

Beautiful couple, beautiful day.

Yesterday, I was able to capture a couples engagement photos and I am so happy I didn't cancel when I was standing in the rain waiting for them to arrive. I got there early to scope out the location of choice and while there I experienced typical Oregon weather. Sunshine, rain and bitter cold wind. As I sat in the downpour under my umbrella I thought about canceling, I wondered how I would make it work. I walked down to the gazebo in Bush Park, and readied my Canon AE-1 Program. Made sure my film was set, my shutter speed and aperture, and as I sat there the sun shined through again as Kristin and Chad walked up to me. Below are some of the shots I took within the first 10 minutes of their arrival. All unedited (with the exception of my watermark).
Shot with my 35mm - unedited.

35mm - unedited.

35mm - unedited

35mm - unedited.
After I used my film, we moved on from that location and went onto a few different scenes. Here are some of the shots I captured with my digital camera. I hope you enjoy them as much as the couple and I do!







I was so nervous to take these photographs. Like every one else, I doubted my ability and was shaking most of the time. I wasn't really excited until I got home and looked at the raw emotion I had captured on the computer, and the beautiful vivid images I captured with on film. I am beyond thrilled with the result of yesterdays shoot. It was about an hour long and with one roll of film - at my current prices this session would have cost $60.00 and the couple will be getting about 26 images total on a disc. A good deal? For sure. Please help spread the word of my abilities if you like what you see, or better yet, let me capture YOU like I have this beautiful couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment