Pages

Sabrina Swanson | 503.991.9686 | ThreeRosesPhotography@live.com | "Like" me on Facebook | Check out my Website

I have a passion for capturing personalities on film. I want to freeze a moment in time, one that shows off who you are, and not just what you look like; one that people will cherish for years to come. Long lasting photographs at a more than affordable rate.

Oct 14, 2012

The Start.

Well hello there, and welcome! I am very excited to put myself out there and track my progress as a new(ish) photographer. I guess I should tell a little bit about myself. A few years ago I decided to try this whole photography thing. I've always been a creative and imaginative person but was never really great at any one thing. I can write, pretty well when in the mood, but not good enough to be classified as a writer. I can draw, but not nearly well enough to want to do it for any kind of outlet. It wasn't until I was about 16 that I got my first point and shoot. I went into my backyard to play with it and took some up-close shots of a few flowers and fell in love. I'm sure if I had those pictures now, I'd think they were pretty bad, teehee. But it sparked something inside me. A passion for trying to capture a moment in one single shot that explained all the feelings and emotions that I felt looking at the scene. I would see a tree and it would move me in a way I could only explain in photographs. Like any other 16-18 year old, I started taking pictures of myself since I had no one else to model for me, and let's face it... we all have been in the "look at me" phase. As life went on, I became an adult, officially out of the teenager years and I decided to really give photography a shot. My grandmother was a business woman, she had made a good life for herself and her family from building her business from the ground up. I decided to ask her for her opinion and to my surprise, she agreed that I should pursue it. She supported me when no one else really had an opinion. A few months later she passed away. I created Three Roses in memory of her. I want to honor her and set out to do what I promised. Be a serious photographer. I have other dreams and wishes too. Not only do I want to photograph people, but I want to change their lives. I am hoping to start school in the spring to become a personal trainer. I want people to live the life THEY want and have the photo's that really show who they are, and not just what they looked like. I hope to watch myself grow as a person, and watch my skills grow through my blog and Facebook page. When I am not taking photo's I am a stay at home mom to two kids, an almost 3 year old and a recently turned 1 year old. My kids will probably pop up on my blog a lot as they are my main inspiration. They are my life no matter what happens and I couldn't be happier about that. So here it goes world. Here is my jump into the very large pond.
This photo was taken by Brittnie Carter, it is our newest family photo and I love it. It means the world to me to have a close friend start in the adventures of photography with me, we can learn together and fail together and learn off each other. It's been an amazing roller coaster and I can't wait to see what the future holds for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment